Superfood for Healthy Skin
Updated: Jul 28, 2022
What you eat can significantly impact your skin health. If you’re not specifically consuming superfoods for glowing skin and instead are constantly munching on processed foods or those high in sugar and fat and devoid of fiber, it can show up in the form of dull skin, along with other issues like acne, dryness, oiliness, or dark under-eye circles.
Here’s a list of absolute best food for healthy, glowing skin.
1. Citrus Fruits
– They are rich source of vitamin C.
– Promotes collagen synthesis.
– Most important anti-oxidant.
– Prevents UV light induced skin damage.
– Anti-ageing benefits.
– Includes Vitamin A, B-carotene, and Lycopene.
– Sources are coloured fruits and vegetables such as Apples, oranges, bell peppers, carrot, pumpkin, red chilli, tomato, papaya.
– Highly photo-protective.
– Prevents wrinkles, fine lines, dullness and saggy skin.
– Essential for skin repair and growth.
3. Fatty Fish
– Salmon, and tuna has high quality protein and essential fatty acids (cannot be synthesized by humans).
– Essential Fatty Acids such as linoleic acid, ALA, DHA, and EPA are important structural components of cell membrane.
– They help in keeping the skin supple, moisturized.
– Fatty fish also contains Vitamin E, which is a source of anti-oxidant, and Zinc that helps to reduce inflammation and promotes wound healing.
– Contains healthy fats.
– Rich in Vitamin E and Vitamin C.
– Preventive for ultraviolet radiation induced skin damage as Vitamin E when combined with Vitamin C has synergistic role.
5. Nuts & Seeds
– Walnuts, Almonds, Flax seeds, Chia seeds, and Sunflower seeds are particularly excellent for skin health.
– Walnuts have a proportionate ratio of Omega-3 & Omega-6 Fatty acids which controls skin inflammation.
– Omega-3 fatty acids is a helpful for people suffering from eczema, psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
– Walnuts and Almonds also contains good amount of Zinc, Selenium and Vitamin E. It helps in reducing free radical damage and keeping skin healthy.
– Pine nuts have more than just delicious flavor to offer you, they are super rich in various Vitamins, Minerals and Antioxidants.
– Protective against heart disease and Diabetes, pine nuts are good source of Magnesium, Copper, Iron & Vitamin E. These elements improve hair growth and hold back the aging process.
– Flax seed (other name Linseed) is high in fibre, Omega-3 FA and lignans. Apart from giving skin a healthy glow due to it’s anti-oxidant properties, it is one of the superfood that reduces cholesterol and keeps heart young.
– Flax seed lowers blood sugar and helpful in reducing weight too.
– Dark Chocolate, Green tea, Red Wine, Grape seed, Pomegranate Seed, and Cherry are some of the sources of Polyphenols.
– Polyphenols are compounds that are potent antioxidants and prevent free radical damage to cellular structures.
– They have found to reduce the formation of fine lines, wrinkles and improves skin elasticity. Giving you a more youthful, hydrated skin.
Make sure you’re getting enough essential nutrients to protect your skin. The foods on this list are great options to keep your skin healthy, strong, and attractive.
Keep glowing inside out!